HSD115 – Formative Period of the Shi’a
This module is the second part of the Islamic History modules. It aims to examine the formation and development of the Shia school of thought in the first 270 years (610 CE to 270 CE) of Islamic history. Moreover, it will investigate the personality of the Prophet of Islam, the Twelve Shia Imams and the daughter of the Prophet, Fatimah, in the context of the historical period in which they lived.
- The Demise of the Prophet
- The Life of Fatima al-Zahra
- Major Events of Imam Ali’s Caliphate
- The Life of each Imam after Imam Ali
- The Minor and the Greater Occultation of Imam Mahdi
- The Main Branches of the Shia and the History of their Development