MA Islamic Law – DE
This programme was developed and is delivered and assessed by The Islamic College.
Due to the growing number of Muslims in the UK, as well as the growing interest towards Islamic law and its branches in Western countries in general, and in the UK in particular, the Islamic college is offering this program. The program is structured to meet the needs of those who are looking for employment in the field of law and require expertise in Islamic law and its related branches as well as those who seek to carry on their studies to the PhD level and to become future lecturers or practitioners in the field.
The MA program in Islamic Law offers comprehensive coverage of subjects in Islamic Law as well as comparative studies. It is designed to provide students who are looking for a postgraduate degree in Islamic law to develop thorough knowledge and which offers various choices from a wide range of modules intended to widen knowledge of major areas in Islamic law, and to deepen understanding of particular topics, methods, and concepts.
The program intends to develop:
- An in-depth knowledge of specialist areas of the Islamic Law
- The use of appropriate methodological approach to the study of Islam
- Critical thinking, analytical and practical skills in constructing well-reasoned arguments
- Constructive intellectual class interaction on issues related to Islam and Muslim societies and in particular in relation to today’s Islam
- Fusion of practical application and intellectual rigour
- An integrated programme that covers various Islamic schools of Thought
- Proficiency in conducting research work and independent study
- Capability to pursue further postgraduate studies
- Specialised knowledge and skills that could be used in different career pursuits