The Islamic College is proud to announce and present their first ever theatrical performance “Tales of Wisdom from Muslim Heritage” by the Khayaal Theatre Company
You will be transported in the world of Muslim wisdom through the voice of Eleanor Martin, a professional actress and stage director with 15 years’ experience. She is a founding Associate Director at Khayaal Theatre Company.
The acts performed are:
Quest for Knowledge
A young man applies to become an adept of a sage in pursuit of sacred knowledge only to find himself summarily charged with a seemingly simple task. The task becomes a toilsome trial of initiation that profoundly alters his perception of what it means to learn and know. A tale on the theme of orientation, charity and service by Khwaja Sammasi of Uzbekistan.
Worth of a Pearl
King Mahmud devises a test of loyalty and devotion for select high-ranking officials of his royal court involving a lustrous pearl. A tale by Rumi.
Down and out on the margins of society, our thorn seller and his wife live in abject poverty until the appearance of a heavenly bird sets off a chain of events that sends their fortunes soaring and plummeting in equal measure. The alchemy of character and intention lie at the heart of this tumultuous story from Iran.
The Indian Tree
An emissary is dispatched to India to seek out the tree of eternal life only to have his efforts frustrated and his assumptions challenged by initial failure before being rightly directed to his goal at the 11th hour.
Join us, for what is going to be memorable night filled with wisdom.
|Friday 16th December 2022
|6pm – 9pm
|Allameh Tabataba’i Hall (old building), The Islamic College, 133 High Road, Willesden, London NW10 2SW
|£5 (includes free complimentary light refreshments)
Terms & Conditions:
- Tickets can be purchased via PayPal: https://paypal.me/ahmadbawab1?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (reference: Theatre Night). Alternatively, you can purchase your ticket via cash, credit card or bank transfer. For further enquiries contact Fatema Muraj.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, or money refunded unless the performance for which the ticket is purchased is cancelled.
- Attendees must have a valid ticket to gain entry to the hall.
- Only 1 admission per ticket.
- Additional Guest (aged 16+) are welcome, subject to purchase of a valid ticket.
- The doors of the hall will open at 6:45pm and the performance will start at 7:15pm(sharp).
- Refreshments will be served before the performance from 6pm onwards.
- Food and Drink will not be allowed inside the Allameh Tabataba’i Hall.